Do you ever feel like there are so many books you’d like to read, but then you go to pick one and you never really know where to start? Should you pick up a work or fiction or is non-fiction a better use of time? The sheer amount of choices keeps you from reading all together. At Cafe 1040, we love sharing resources that keep us growing and learning so we polled a few of our staff to see which books they’d recommend.
We put together a list of books we think are worth your time. Whether you are looking to stretch your mind, deepen your faith, or just disconnect for a little while, we think these books will enrich your 2018.
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction, by Eugene Peterson
- Let My People Go Surfing, by Yvon Chouinard
- How to Lead When You’re Not in Charge, by Clay Scroggins
- Gaining by Losing, by JD Greear
- Loveable, by Dr. Kelly Flanagan
- Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo
- Bible and Mission, by Richard Bauckham