Cafe 1040 is committed to respecting the privacy of our users and donors.
How Information is Used
Cafe 1040 uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate with you, and update you on ministry happenings. Credit card transactions are processed via a third-party processor, which uses the latest security and encryption technologies. Cafe 1040 does not store any credit card numbers.
No Sharing of Personal Information
Cafe 1040 will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Cafe 1040 and only to further the ministry activities and purposes of Cafe 1040.
Personal information you give us when you use our website
Cafe 1040 only collects personally identifying information that you voluntarily provide. Here are the types of donor information that we may collect and maintain:
- Identifying information such as your name, or email address when you subscribe to communications from us.
- Cafe 1040’s website provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further mailings and e-mailings from Cafe 1040.
- Information you provide in the course of making a financial donation, though we do not store bank account or credit card numbers.
- You may also provide us with other information: through a web form; by updating or adding information concerning your communication preferences; through your participation on social media; through personal communications, online chat sessions, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our work and services, or information concerning how you heard about Cafe 1040.
Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our website
- Information about your communications with us and your interaction with our services. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile) you use when you access our services or visit our website. This information could include: device ID or unique identifier and device type.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your web page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address. Cafe 1040’s website uses IP addresses to help Cafe 1040 analyze trends, administer Cafe 1040’s website, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses do not contain personally identifiable information.
Personal information collected from other sources
- Cafe 1040 uses a third party application called Intercom to facilitate our live chat on the website. Intercom stores live chat data for nine months to better serve customers and to improve service. After nine months all conversation data is deleted.
- Cafe 1040 uses a third party payment platform called Giving Fuel to collect the following information to process donations: credit card number and expiration date, bank account information and billing information
- We allow you to share information with social media sites. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g. content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have viewed or clicked). You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
Cafe 1040 opposes the use of unsolicited commercial email and mass posting to inappropriate newsgroups (spam) as a way to promote or advertise. Cafe 1040 attempts not to send email to persons who are not related to our ministries or who have not otherwise requested contact from us, nor do we post advertisements to unrelated newsgroups. If you receive any unsolicited commercial email that appears to be from Cafe 1040 or an employee of Cafe 1040, please notify us immediately.
RIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS
If you have any questions concerning the usage or licensing of Cafe 1040, Inc copyrighted materials, for example, photographs, video footage, Cafe 1040, Inc advertisements or other Cafe 1040, Inc materials, please submit your detailed request in writing. Please be sure to include any surrounding copy or text to the Cafe 1040, Inc material.
Marketing or advertising requests (which may include promotions/giveaways, sponsorship, product placement and partnership requests) may be emailed to email@example.com.
For use of Cafe 1040, Inc copyrighted or trademarked material in third party works (e.g., books, publications or media/broadcast) please email your detailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCOUNTS, PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
Certain features or services offered on or through cafe1040.com may require you to open an account (including setting up a User ID and password). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify Cafe 1040, Inc immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by Cafe 1040, Inc or any other user of or visitor to the site due to someone else using your Cafe 1040, Inc User ID, password or account.
You may not use anyone else’s Cafe 1040, Inc User ID, password or account at any time without the expressed permission and consent of the holder of that Cafe 1040, Inc User ID, password or account. Cafe 1040, Inc cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND TO THE CAFE 1040 SITE
Cafe1040.com may contain links to other independent third-party websites. These linked sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such websites are not under Cafe 1040, Inc’s control, and Cafe 1040, Inc is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such websites, including any information or materials contained on such linked sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these linked sites.
Changes to Cafe 1040’s Privacy Statement
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List
It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
Copyright © 2001-2018 Cafe 1040, Inc. All rights reserved.
Cafe 1040, Inc. PO BOX 110, ALPHARETTA, GA 30009