As we expand the reach of our organization into new locations all over the world, we are looking for overseas staff with a passion to develop and mentor young adults as they explore what God is asking them to do with their lives. Our missions mentorship program is executed on a high-level by staff who are living full time in our overseas countries. They travel, teach and mentor in a cross-cultural context to multiply themselves as missionaries to the ends of the earth.
Overseas Student Mentor | Full-Time
North Africa, Southeast Asia, or South Asia
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
Your job will be to serve as the leader and mentor of 4 to 5 students in a closed country who are considering long-term work among the unreached. You will mentor the students assigned to you in a group and one-on-one basis as they live life among the unreached. This will be done during weekly, one-on-one mentoring times while the students undergo intense training and cross cultural exposure. You will teach and refine our curriculum in group settings. Additionally, you will shepherd and lead these students by example through varying geographic, topographic, and cultural environments during the 3 months of training. This includes leading students through adventures to encounter different peoples, to meet long-term missionaries, and to participate in various training opportunities. You will prepare students spiritually, mentally, relationally, and physically for Christian service, allowing them to find the answers they seek about their future career.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith and agreement with statement of faith
- A passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a proven devotion to the habits necessary to maintain daily relationship with him
- Possess a longing for the fulfillment of the Great Commission
- Value for developing others and seeing them as individuals
- Love adventure and be able to adapt to ever-changing environments
- Reflect personal and public integrity in line with Biblical principles
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to live and thrive in cross-cultural environments, including comfort with various forms of travel
- Significant experience in one-on-one and team mentoring environments for young adults
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and listening
- Demonstrated ability to help a person process serious emotional, spiritual, mental, and relational struggles
- Proven ability to maturely communicate Biblical truth in small groups and individual mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to perform well under stress to meet deadlines
- Quick-learning and self-teaching
- Patient and adaptable disposition to changing circumstances
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving ability
- English Speaking
- Skill in MS Office Suite and Apple OS
This is a support-based position. Nothing in this job description restricts Cafe 1040’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
In addition to our stateside operations, we work in three regions in undisclosed countries in North Africa, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. Due to the sensitive nature of our work, we are not at liberty to discuss our location with just casually interested individuals. Once you apply and are deemed a good fit for our organization we will disclose the location to you.