Overseas Nanny/Homeschool Educator
Primarily: Parents of Children
Secondarily: Overseas Team Leader
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
The blessing of children can often consume all of a missionary’s productive hours. In order to allow our staff to have more hours working with our Cafe 1040 students and time to develop and pour into some intentional local relationships, we invite you to help with the care of one of our overseas staff family’s children by providing daily care and assisting them with homeschooling their children. 40-45 hours a week serving and loving an American family leaves 40 hours a week to experience the world in new and exciting ways!
Your primary role will be to care for the children and teach them their daily schoolwork (curriculum provided), but you may also be asked to start dinner on occasion, hang laundry, or go to the store in order to serve the family’s need as a whole. Most days, you will be responsible for preparing and cleaning up lunch for yourself and the children.
This family has 3 children, ages 13 (grade 8), 6 (grade K) and 18 months. This position requires an initial commitment of 8 months (January 2017 to August 2017). After this initial term, we will be seeking a long-term candidate to fill the position year round and would require a minimum 1-year commitment starting in January 2018.
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with Cafe 1040’s statement of faith
- A passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a proven devotion to the habits necessary to maintain a daily relationship with him
- Reflect personal and public integrity in line with Biblical principles
- Love adventure and be able to adapt to ever-changing environments
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate
- Proven childcare experience
- Experience with homeschooling or children’s education (experience in both is preferred)
- First Aid and CPR certification (can be obtained prior to departure)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Planning and organizational skills
- High energy level and active lifestyle
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Care for the children’s basic needs while the parents are working
- Teach or facilitate the assigned curriculum to the children
- Feed the children lunch and other food as required
- Clean up after the children while the parents are working
- Occasionally perform domestic tasks such as laundry or grocery shopping
- Accommodate the flexible schedule of our work environment
Nothing in this job description restricts Cafe 1040’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.