Human Resources Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION (OVERVIEW)
The HR Manager plays a vital role in advancing the mission of Cafe 1040. They oversee all staff recruiting, hiring, onboarding and development, with particular emphasis in recruiting new staff and developing the talent of our already high- performing teams. They will oversee all Human Resource staff and use their natural administrative skill-set to provide practical support to the Cafe staff. This role includes creating catered development plans for staff and teams, maintaining accurate HR documentation and employee records, recruiting high quality staff applicants and coordinating their interview process, overseeing the onboarding of new staff, and managing HR projects.
- Strong ability to manage systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Natural strength in strategic and process thinking
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Proven, effective interviewing skills
- Ability to create and manage staff and team development plans
- Ability to manage team collaboration
- Ability to meet deadlines with effective results
- Proficient with basic budget calculation and management
- Ability to write clear policy
- Ability to present reports and clearly explain the data
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or mac equivalent
JOB DESCRIPTION (DETAILED)
- Provides comprehensive HR service to managers and staff
- Conducts interviews and leads the process of hiring new staff
- Oversees the process of training and orienting new staff
- Ensures that staff are well equipped to succeed in their role by providing appropriate training opportunities
- Oversees all HR processes to ensure their integrity and efficiency
- Oversees all HR documentation to ensure accuracy
- Develop and oversee a robust performance review process
- Process and review yearly budgets
- Review monthly P&L statements for each employee to track support raising needs
- Reviews and writes policies for the organization
- Provides support-coaching for new staff
- The first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Explains company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants
- Oversees Member Care and assists in matters of Member Care when needed
This is a support-based position.Nothing in this job description restricts Cafe 1040’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
ADDItional JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Lift 50 lbs
- Get in and out of car, truck, boat, bus, train, and airplane
- Get on and off a camel, donkey, moped and motorcycle
- Licensed Driver
- Go up and down stairs with 30 lbs of luggage
- Travel internationally without assistance
- Fine motor skills that include knot tying and typing
- Excellent vision (correction is allowed)
Cafe 1040 is looking for bright, passionate, growing Christian people who are in alignment with our ministry’s vision and purpose. We believe that Christ has called his followers to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth and believe we can be a vital part of fulfilling that call! So, while resumes, experience, and qualifications are important, we are much more concerned that mobilization and multiplication be your vision as well.
Cafe 1040 is a 3-month mentoring program inside the 10/40 Window. Through this intense program abroad, young adults are deeply immersed into the culture, experiencing what day-to-day ministry overseas could look like for them. While living in a closed country, they become confident learners of language, culture, history, religion, and technology. More importantly, participants discover how their skills, passions, talents, and abilities can play a part in reaching the 2.9 billion people who don’t have access to the story of Jesus. We believe the Great Commission can be completed. Do you?
Put your HR skills toward changing the world for Christ!
In addition to our stateside operations, we work in two regions in undisclosed countries in North Africa and Southeast Asia. Due to the sensitive nature of our work, we are not at liberty to discuss our location with just casually interested individuals. Once you apply and are deemed a good fit for our organization we will disclose the location to you.