Assistant to the Executive Director
Job Description Overview
Cafe 1040 is looking for a dynamic, self-starting individual to drive the calendar of the organization’s Executive Director. This position requires regular interaction with the Executive Director, Director level leadership, staff, as well the organization’s donors and Board of Directors. This individual should be adaptable and able to multi-task, while demonstrating patience, diplomacy, and discretion.
The ideal candidate should have strong written and verbal skills, an eye for detail and be a problem solver. He or she should also be a quick learner and be able to manage the executive team’s donor and staff-level systems appropriately.
Above all, the candidate should have a strong desire to see the Great Commission fulfilled and should work with a focus of supporting the Executive Director as he leads the organization to help in that task.
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with Cafe 1040’s statement of faith
- A passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a proven devotion to the habits necessary to maintain a daily relationship with him
- Reflect personal and public integrity in line with Biblical principles
- Possess a longing for the fulfillment of the Great Commission
- Adaptable and able to multi-task with patience and willingness to serve
- Highly organized
- Natural attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Thick skin, high level of performance
Skills and Experience:
- High-level drive for execution
- Knowledge of nonprofit work dynamics
- Eye for excellence in production
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams
- Meets deadlines and perform under pressure
- Quick learner and self-teacher
- Problem Solver
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel coordination experience preferred, general travel experience required
This is a support-based position. Nothing in this job description restricts Cafe 1040’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.