Assistant to the Executive Director
Job Description Overview
Your job will be to provide administrative support to the Executive Director. You will help structure his days to be strategically productive, perform routine tasks such as expense reports, and assist with information flow to and from the Executive Director. Additionally, you will manage the Executive Team’s systems, plan general ministry events, and interact with key ministry donors. This position requires, by nature of the Executive Directors' position, involvement with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Mature Christian faith and agreement with Cafe 1040’s statement of faith
- A passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a proven devotion to the habits necessary to maintain a daily relationship with him
- Reflect personal and public integrity in line with Biblical principles
- Possess a longing for the fulfillment of the Great Commission
- Adaptable and able to multi-task with patience and willingness to serve
- Highly organized
- Natural attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Thick skin, high level of performance
Skills and Experience:
- High-level drive for execution
- Knowledge of nonprofit work dynamics
- Eye for excellence in production
- Demonstrated ability to work on teams
- Meets deadlines and perform under pressure
- Quick learner and self-teacher
- Problem Solver
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel coordination experience preferred, general travel experience required
Specific Job Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage the Executive Director’s email inbox, including confidential material, in a professional manner.
- Oversee the Executive Director’s calendar by scheduling action items from meetings (time blocks on the calendar), creating calendar events from emails that need action or attention, and schedule and confirm appointments both inside and outside the company. This applies to reoccurring meetings, development meals and unexpected needs of staff, donors, or friends.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and maintaining a “call list” as well as scheduling donor appointments.
- Aid and assist Executive Director with our donor database including updating and maintaining contact information.
- Complete expense reports for the Executive Director, and for yourself, sometimes in multiple currencies.
- Generate newsletters on behalf of the Executive Director to send out to his prayer team.
- Must be flexible as task lists and priorities can change by the hour. Must be ready to multitask and adapt to changing needs.
- Assist in communication by transcribing recorded dictation (short hand not required), taking notes during meetings and conference calls, and recording and dispersing action items for follow-up.
- Proof and edit grant requests and other reports and correspondence.
- Responsible for scheduling regular Director meetings; provide the agendas for the meetings, attend the meetings, and disperse notes and action items.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing for Board meetings.
- Create monthly Executive Director activity reports.
- Gather data and compile various reports and projects for management.
- Research and reporting projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for scanning and/or organizing all necessary papers, receipts, and confidential information in an effective electronic or hard copy filing system.
- Aid with event planning for general ministry events.
- Aid with coordinating travel for the Executive Director, Board of Directors and the Director of Development. This includes corresponding frequent flier miles credit and confirmation, booking hotels, rental cars, and retreat centers. You may travel both domestically and internationally to serve, assist, and encourage the Executive Director.
- Provide logistics and administrative assistance for special events, campaigns, etc.
- Aid with the execution of the Year End Campaign.
- Handwrite thank you cards to each general ministry donor
- Plan and coordinate House Parties
- Create and track invitations for events
- Prepare gifts for hosts and guests
- Perform personal and company related tasks as needed to assist the Executive Director.
- Support and uphold the policies, values, and statement of faith of Cafe 1040.
- Maintain sustainable funding levels for role through Cafe 1040 support-raising model.
- Actively take the opportunities to mobilize those people in the scope of your influence toward involvement and investment in the mission and vision of Cafe 1040.
Nothing in this job description restricts Cafe 1040’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.